The Great NW Glass Quest on Camano Island!Posted: February 2, 2011
First off, if you weren’t fortunate enough to participate in last year’s event, here’s a rundown of how it works:
Several local area businesses are holding a treasure… a one of a kind hand blown glass art by Mark Ellinger.
Throughout the event, there are over 300 small, clear globes about the size of a snowball hidden around the community. If you find one of these “clue balls”, follow the instructions inside.
The clues will lead you to the participating business who will exchange it for an authentic, limited edition snowball.
Beginning on February 18, swing by the Stanwood or Camano Island Chambers of Commerce, Gallery by the Bay in Stanwood, Seagrass Gallery on Camano Island, or any of the other participating businesses and pick up your copy of the Quest Event Booklet. That includes me! Come on by the Windermere office located at 1283 Elger Bay Road and grab a booklet. This booklet guides you on your “quest” to find the hidden clue balls.
If you don’t find a clue ball, all is not lost! Each business listed has a stamp to add to your Quest booklet; grab those stamps! When you have five stamps from different businesses on the tear out stub located in the back of your booklet, you’ve just earned an entry into the drawing in March.
If you can’t wait that long to get your hands on one of these spectacular pieces of art, use your stamps to purchase a snowball at a 30% discount at either of the Galleries listed.
For my participation in this great event, I will be holding a drawing to give away one of the snowballs! Entries will be received from all guests to my open house on February 20th, and at 4:00 when the open house closes I will be drawing the winner.
My open house is at 1082 Bayshore Dr, Camano Island. Remember to come by between 1:00 and 4:00 to be entered into the drawing! You don’t need to be present to win.
This event runs February 18 through 27, 2011 (but my open house is just on February 20th).
Other things to know:
• Brought to you by the Stanwood/Camano Winter Tourism Committee.
• The Great Northwest Glass Quest is part of a larger, 10-day invitation to “Spend a Day on the Edge” of Puget Sound. You are encouraged to get to know our community by touring a working farm, visiting our local parks and beaches, perusing the quaint shops, museums, galleries, and other distinctive businesses that await you.
• A QUEST Decal in the window will mark the over 70 participating businesses.
• The artist, Mark Ellinger, will be blowing glass from 10am to 6pm each day of the event.
• QUEST sites include beaches, parks, farms, trails, businesses, restaurants, and local accommodations.
• Visit the official site at www.thegreatnwglassquest.com
• View the 2010 winners
• To visit the Facebook site and “like” the page, you can go here.