Camano Island, WHERE IS OUR SUMMER?!?Posted: July 17, 2011
Camano Island Summer Weather Fleeting at Best
May I have your permission to rant for just a moment?
Here I have been writing just about weekly, talking about all of the great things on Camano Island to do this summer, and there’s just one thing missing:
CAMANO ISLAND SUMMER!
In case summer weather is just around the corner, here’s a quick re-cap of some of the “fun-in-the-sun posts about Camano Island:
- In March, I wrote about exploring Camano Island State Park;
- I highlighted the Camano Island Art Tour in May, which was a total blast [in mixed weather];
- Camano Island Family Friendly Fun was the topic of this post, including the Soap Box Derby in June; the Stanwood-Camano Fair in August, and Harvest Jubilee in September (all of which are much more enjoyable in sunny weather);
- Windermere’s Service Day project for Camano and Stanwood was the topic of this blog post;
- In June I talked about Camano Island Bird Watching in this post;
- And a couple of weeks ago, I ushered in crabbing season in this post.
Here’s the good news: We’re Washingtonians! We have webbed fingers and toes! So it’s overcast a bit. Ha! So it’s a little drizzly — big deal! That didn’t dampen the spirits of the musicians at the Darrington Blue Grass Festival, no sir! And it certainly won’t deter us from enjoying the beautiful, peaceful, magnificent life here on Camano Island!
That being said… Walter Kelley, Camano Island wouldn’t mind some hot weather!
Now let’s go have some fun, eh?
— Jan Mather, your Camano Island Expert! 360-507-4133